kylmbing



Climbing channel    Joaquin Woodie channel

Monday, December 3, 2007

Prime bouldering season in Yosemite Valley

Ah, December 1st. Saturday was the coldest day yet in the Valley with temps in the upper 30's all day, maybe 40 at the most in the afternoon. I drove out Friday night so I was there early, warmed-up and projecting before anyone else had even shown up which was really nice. I posted a video of me trying to work out the upper crux on Thriller. Next week I just need to try the straightforward deadpoint method as opposed to the high-foot beta i was messing with on Saturday. Hooked up with Kris and we projected our respective projects for a while, then a brief stop at the End of the Day problem, which I couldn't do at the beginning of the day. Next it was off to Sentinel to polish off Slapshot, but just barely, as you can see in the video posted by Kris. Finally, LeConte, where I managed to sketch through the bottom of Flatline but chicken out on the top. Pity too, as there were tons of pads and good spotters. And finally, the really fun Choclate Bunny which was great to climb so close to the ground after getting spanked on the scary tall Flatline. How long can the good weather hold out?

No comments: