kylmbing



Climbing channel    Joaquin Woodie channel

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Baseline finger strength for 2008

I thought I'd get a baseline finger strength check now so I can compare over the coming months. The protocol was 3 sets of maximum length alternating R-L one arm hangs on 3/4" rounded wood edge on the woodie with 3 minutes rest between each set. The hang durations are pretty short so I used video review and 3 timing trials for each hang to get a decent average value. I suspect noticeable gains will be slow in coming so I won't try this test until mid-year, and once again at the end of the year. Now for the numbers:

Right: 2.95 seconds
Left: 1.87 seconds

I've always known my left is weaker than my right, but these numbers really quantify that discrepancy. Hopefully I can somehow get my left to catch up to my right.

No comments: